Sunday, April 10, 2011

Gucamole

            
              Few years back I got this fruit Avocado as some one told me its very nutritious. It was new for me then...after coming home I peeled its skin and sliced it...I didn't like it...it was so sticky and buttery..guess I needed to develop my taste buds for this...so I googled for how to use this fruit and there were tons of recipes...and followed this one.  This is a super easy dip recipe which is widely used in Mexican Cuisine.  The nutritional benefits  of this fruit are endless and the taste is undoubtedly good.
 
Ingredients:
Ripe Avocados: 2 nos
Red Onion: 1/2 finely chopped
Roma Tomatoes: 1-2 nos
Cilantro: few strings
Jalapeno pepper  - 1 finely chopped
Fresh lemon Juice: 1 tbsp or as per taste
Cumin powder - 1/4th tsp Roasted 
Dash of garlic powder
Black pepper as per taste
Salt as per taste

Dierections:

  • Cut the Avocados and mash with fork till it forms a paste. u can use blender for smother paste. i prefer little chunky.
  • Now throw one by one all the remaining ingredients and mix well...
  • Your home made guacamole is ready.  Serve it as dip with nachos or use with burritos or simply enjoy the scoop.  




No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails