My dear friend Sapna had fever yesterday..so thought of making simple and healthy lunch for her. Made this corn palak with minimum spices. love such recipes with few ingredients. here goes the recipe...
Spinach - 1 bunch washed
Frozen corn - 2 cups
Red Onion - 1 chopped
Garlic Cloves - 3 crushed
Red Chili Flakes - 1 tbsp
Cumin Seeds - 1/2 tbsp
Turmeric Powder - 1/4tspn
Hing Powder - a pinch full
Garam Masala Powder - 1/2 tbsp
Oil - 1tbspn
Salt to taste
- Use a wide pan on medium heat with oil in it...
- Once the oil is hot add cumin seeds, when they sizzle add the crushed garlic and stir till the raw smell is gone...garlic should be tender not brown
- Now add chopped onions and hing powder...saute till onions and translucent
- Add red chili flakes, turmeric and give quick stir.
- Now add corn, mix well and cover the pan with lid for 2 min
- Roughly chop the spinach while corn is getting cooked. now add the spinach to the corn and stir well.. spinach will reduce in quantity and release water that will help in cooking
- In 2-3 minutes the veggie is cooked, add some salt and garam masala powder.
- Easy, Healthy and tasty Corn Palak is ready. Serve with hot chapattis and Dal. yum yum...
* You can skip corn if u like and have just spinach sabzi using rest of the ingredients :)